- Problem: Potentially bad memory modules that may cause blue screens, lockups, and undetected memory corruption. There is a utility that Toshiba has made available a utility to detect the error that can be found at www.toshibadirect.com. Consumers can call Toshiba at 866-544-1325 or visit: http://www.toshibadirect.com for more information.
The affected notebooks include:
- TECRA S1, 9100, M1, M2
- Satellite 2400, 2405, 1110, 1115, M30, M35
- Satellite Pro M10, M15, M30
- Portege R100, M200, M205
- Dynabook T5, E6, V7, SS S7, SS 2100, E7, V8, V9, VX1, SS M200
- Dynabook Satellite M10
2. Problem : Toshiba is recalling 340,000 notebook batteries involving its Satellite, Tecra, Portege, and Qosmio models. There are too many affected models
to list. Please follow this link to see if your Toshiba passes the Battery Check test.
Visit www.csd.toshiba.com/cgibin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=1482876 or call Toshiba directly at 800-457-7777 for more information.
- Problem : There is a problem with data loss if the battery is allowed to fully discharge or if the battery is disconnected from the unit. If you have one of the recalled units with serial numbers 72014641L through 92041620L, contact Toshiba at 800-788-1653. Toshiba will send packaging and pre-pay the shipping for the unit. The company also recommends that you back up any data and return only the unit, not the cradle or power adapter. Toshiba says those users who never let the battery run out, regularly back up data, never disconnect the battery, or always connect to an external power supply may continue to use the unit as is, if they wish. More information is available at www.csd.toshiba.com .
The affected PDAs include: