- Problem : IBM is recalling approximately 553,000 power adapters that shipped with certain models of its ThinkPad notebooks sold between January 1999 and August 2000. The 56 watt adapters can overheat and melt, posing a fire and electrical shock hazard to users. The adapters recalled contain part number 02K6549 on their labels. Customers in the U.S. and Canada can call 800-410-5629 to obtain a replacement adapter.
The affected notebooks include:
- ThinkPad i Series, ThinkPad 390 and ThinkPad 240 sold worldwide.
- ThinkPad s Series sold in the Asia-Pacific region outside of Japan.
2. Problem: IBM and Lenovo are recalling 168,500 batteries. The batteries will have an FRU part number and ASM part number. If your battery matches the
number below, you have a bad battery. Contact Lenovo at 800-426-7378 or visit www.lenovo.com/batteryprogram for more information.
The affected notebooks include models:
- ThinkPad T43, T43p, T60, T60p, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, X60 and X60s
The battery part numbers are:
- ASM 92P1072 with FRU 92P1073
- ASM 92P1088 with FRU 92P1089
- ASM 92P1142 with FRU 92P1141
- ASM 92P1170 with FRU 92P1169 or 93P5028
- ASM 92P1174 with FRU 92P1173 or 93P5030